Friday, January 21, 2011

And just over a week later….

We’re having another snow day! With MLK day this past Monday, this week was only 3 days long. It feels wrong to be so excited about this, since I do go to the most fun school ever. But it’s a snow day!!!

I have about a million photos to share with you. Are you ready? Okay.

This was my street after the snow last week. I love it when it's the sticky kind of snow that stays on trees and buildings. That's really the only time I like snow (except, of course, when it's giving me a snow day).



I finally saw James this weekend so I can now show you his Christmas present. I thought it could be a cooking journal or something, and I thought it was really funny. That's the biggest font we have in the bindery. Oh, the hot stamping machine.



Also this weekend we went out to dinner and we managed to pay with three generations of $5 bills. Amazing!!



I'm almost done repairing this nursery rhyme book, and some of the poems in it are really funny. Like this one.


P.S. If you don't get it, you're supposed to replace the pictures with words. Don't worry, you're not the only one who needed directions on how this weird thing worked.



I just put this photo album up on Etsy. I freaking love this paper - from Anthropologie!

Fishy photo album!


I'm also crocheting little hexagons. I have a whole bunch at this point, and hopefully I'll have enough to make a blanket soon because I'm almost out of yarn and I'm tired of it. This is a picture of the blocked version.

And this is a picture of the unblocked version. Now I could use some advice on this from people who crochet: Do I really need to be blocking these? Pinning and measuring these little things out takes forever, and once I'm done crocheting all these together I'm just going to end up blocking it again. I'm sure that blocking it before attaching will help the process, but if I don't do it will it end up all wonky since they're sooo scrunched up right now? I probably should have put this up top, I have little faith that I kept anyone's interest for this long. If you're still with me though, 10 points for you!


And finally I'm obsessed with crocheting this rag rug. I should have done something to show perspective but it's maybe 2 feet across at this point. I'm making it out of old cut up sheets, and you know what? Cutting up sheets is incredibly annoying and time consuming. But I just can't stop.... Must keep crocheting.... I would like this to go in my living room, but I have a feeling that really soon it's just going to become absurd to keep going. It's getting big enough that one sheet is only giving me two or three rounds, and then I need to cut up another one. I just don't have that many sheets!!

2 comments:

  1. 10 points for me! Unfortunately I know nothing about crochet, so I'm not helpful at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get 10 points :) If you give up on the living room rug, it could always be a bath mat. The snow is beautiful and I wish we had it here, for like a day and then once I had to shovel some I'd be over it!

    ReplyDelete