Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, Dinner

Over the past few years I’ve actually started cooking. And enjoying it. This is something I never ever thought I’d do, because through high school I was more or less a cooking disaster. Yet out of necessity I started to cook. For over a year all I attempted was stir fry (key to a damn good stir fry: salt, pepper, insane amounts of garlic, more insane amounts of olive oil, and be sure to add some sort of beans into the mix. Mmm). Recently I’ve moved on to bigger and better things.

Last night’s dinner:

Cajun Style Baked Sweet Potatoes

Wow! So good! I've made these before. Super easy, and sweet potatoes are super good for you. Can't go wrong.

Moroccan Chickpea Soup

This is the first time I tried this one, and it turned out really well (not as well as this picture looks, as this is the photo from the website. My own picture of this soup looked entirely unappetizing. I am not a food stylist.) I added some barley too, because barley is on of my favorite things.

This is not complicated! I promise! I don’t do complicated food. So try it!

1 comment:

  1. I was all ready to be impressed with your soup presentation. I guess we'll have to work on that. I'm still impressed with the whole cooking thing. And the whole blog thing. I never knew about it.

    ReplyDelete